April 4, 2008

Chick Flick Fest

I actually had a moment to myself, it was heaven! I ate a bowl of chocolate ice cream and watched the very end of the movie About A Boy, I love that movie. It got me to thinking about the event I posted about earlier it sounds fun, but I think getting a sitter between now and then might be next to impossible so I think a good old movie marathon might be in order! Not just any movies the girly, smoochfest, fall-in-love ones that make our husbands run the other way.



These are the ones I'm thinking might be just the ticket:
1. Pride and Prejudice - The last one with Keira Knightly, I have watched it over and over and never get tired of it.
2. Sense and Sensibility - I know another Jane Austen but who doesn't love a good love story with a happy ending.
3. Sabrina - The old one with Audrey Hepburn and Bogey, classic! I watched that movie as a child and loved it so much my husband and I danced to the big band version of "Isn't It Romantic" at our wedding.
4. You've Got Mail - I love the store and her apartment, is it too much to ask to live and work there?
5. Something's Gotta Give - Again I just want to live there! I love that gorgeous Hampton's home.
6. Girls Just Want To Have Fun - This is the first movie that I watched about oh...20 times...in one day!
7. Sixteen Candles - I still heart Jake Ryan! He was Abercrombie gorg before there even was an Abercrombie, he's timeless.

Please fill me in on any of your favs that I missed because I know there's lots!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Um...my first born is named after Jake Ryan and my sister is naming her first boy Ryan. Oh yah! I'm kinda corny but I love While You Were Sleeping too.

Nicole Stephenson said...

You know how happy it makes me that Jane Austen is at the top of the list. You should ask Dad and Abby what movie I make them watch with me every time we are all together! I also like to stop and add lots of commentary....which makes the movie even longer. Yes, it is indeed P & P. Heehee!!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

TIL - You are not the first person that I have known that has named their son Jake after Mr. Ryan.

Nicole - We are two peas in a pod!

cara said...

Oooh, I love Sabrina! Audrey Hepburn's films are my favourites! And now I'm just desperate to watch Pride and Predjudice again, I haven't seen it since it came out but it was gorgeous.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! x