April 11, 2008

Do what you love

I don't know if you all know this but I teach Pilates, I have been studying it for 10 years and teaching for the past 7. The past 5 years have been kind of struggle for my personal practice because of complicated pregnancies and working with 2 children. Now that I "work at home" I have a little more time for my third love, Pilates.

Joseph Pilates working with a client on the Ladder Barrel

A friend of mine thought that I should include fitness tips and for some reason I felt kinda funny doing that so I held off. Then another friend was feeling terrible and for her I thought some sort of movement would be a God-send. The key is that movement doesn't have to be just hitting the gym it could be tango, golf or yoga, whatever makes you happy. There is something to be said for finding that one thing even if only for a couple of hours a week that let's you forget about your day and just focus on your body and how it's feeling.

So I guess my whole point is to say, do what you love. Everyone deserves to have those moments where your mind is clear and your body is moving, it's so worth the effort.

{Image via Balanced Body Pilates}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BRILLIANT Man - I just love everything teaches about the body. Can there be anything than better than this? Oh wait, I do love the TANGO now...

SGM said...

Great advice--for me, nothing improves a bad day like working out. But I always seem to forget that when I'm parked on the couch!

P.S. I love your blog just the way it is. :)

Ann said...

Exercising...Hmmm

It's something I always try to start but always fail miserably to turn it to habit.

Someday...Someday...

Sarah's Fab Day said...

The key here ladies is that it doesn't have to be excercise. It can be anything!

Mrs.French said...

oooo, I knew there was a reason I love ya! I am a pilates girl too. I have been practicing since
August and it is my goal to teach one day. It is the one type of exercise I don't hate. It is total "me" time and I love it!