September 10, 2009

What would Jora do?

Have you ever read Domestic Reflections? It's one of my favorite blogs, her friendliness and caring nature just oozes out of her writing. Not to mention she's one hell of a cook and if she's making it I'm right behind trying it too. I'm a follower like that. So please go there and try out all of her recipes they are delish and you'll thank me.
{Jora and her son C-Man}


Here is my current go-to salad dressing courtesy of Miss Jora.

Balsamic Parmesan Vinaigrette
{Gourmet, 2001}

1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons fresh basil (I sometimes skip this if I don't have any handy.)
1/2 ounce Parmesan, finely grated (1/4 cup)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

Mince garlic and mash to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt, then whisk together with vinegar, lemon juice, basil and Parmesan, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well blended.

*I would make a double batch, it's THAT good. Promise.

3 comments:

erin said...

ok yum. i'll try that tomorrow. i LOVE Jora too! i have a total blog crush on her:-)

Vanessa said...

Ooh, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely head over and check out her blog!

jora said...

Thanks so much Sarah!! You are too sweet. :) I wish I could take credit for making up that dressing recipe b/c it really is that good. And it makes C-Man eat all his veggies....what could be better??