December 18, 2012

Shoulders away from your ears

Not the best title of a post but I say this day in and day out. As a Pilates teacher almost everybody comes into the studio thinking of stresses of their job, their day and family life and naturally their shoulders creep up around their ears. A lot of this is also from the hunched over "I'm on the computer all day" posture but it's also just the worries and anxiety that keep us from feeling our best. Not only do I say this to others but to myself all the time. 


With the sadness and tragedy in Newtown and the stress of the season please take my advice and take a deep breath. Breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth, close your eyes and fill the front, sides and backs of your lungs with air. Appreciate today and be grateful for tomorrow.

1 comment:

spark! (Ada-Marie) said...

Thanks for the reminder. I needed that. :)